Top rated Dallas schools
Top rated Dallas schools can be found in the Lakewood community. Whether your student is in grade school, Jr. High or High school Lakewood has some options for you. All of the schools are doing some great work in helping students further their education. Here’s a list of some really good school options here in Lakewood!
- For elementary school, Lakewood Elementary School (http://www.lakewoodelementary.net/) has been a staple of the community since 1951. It’s mission is:
To prepare Lakewood Elementary students to become self-motivated problem solvers through the setting and modeling of high standards in a socially diverse community.
It has an active parent/teacher organization and their annual school fall festival has been instrumental in bringing the community together and adding to the charm that is Lakewood.
- Long Middle School (http://www.jllong.com/) : Long Middle School is noted for its International Baccalaureate program. When Long first opened their doors in 1933, it was named for a superintendent of the Dallas school district during the turn of the 20th century. At that time, they were only the second Jr. High School to open in Dallas. Now they are the premier middle school in Lakewood with students continuing on from their International Baccalaureate program into the recognized IB program at Woodrow Wilson High School. In 2005, Long was designated a Dallas historical landmark.
- Woodrow Wilson High School (http://www.woodrowwildcats.org/) : Unique with Woodrow Wilson High School is that it maintains four different academies within its doors and students may choose to have a particular emphasis in their studies.
- The Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math
- Business, Finance, and Entrepreneurship
- Creative and Performing Arts
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
Each of these top rated programs gives depth and helps to prepare students for their personal and professional interests after high school. The International Baccalaureate Program is especially unique inasmuch as it is not offered in every high school and many DISD students outside of Lakewood will apply to the program and drive across the district just to attend.
Across these top rated Dallas schools you will find a robust community involved in many activities for students at these schools… all contributing to the charm and historic nature of Lakewood!